Friday, August 31, 2007

Mural in zen time

September 1
100 degrees and I'm painting a mural in a client's courtyard. A dreamy bamboo forest emerges from my brush and overheated mind, blue streams and mysterious marshes now surround a zen garden. But it's so damned hot--hey, this is Florida, where a concerned stranger who loved my artwork told me I'm going to burn in hell for eternity--that now I know why Bush won here, why 18,000 votes disappeared in the last election and very few really seem to care. Brain fry. Who can think clearly in this devilish oven?
Antidote--fight the good fight from afar.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The mural looks like it will be yet another gorgeous creation by an incredibly accomplished artist that no one will see or know about unless they are lucky enough to stumble upon this site. If only our country gave half the respect it gives to athletes
to our artists, not to mention money, we'd have a slightly more sane society. Keep painting Beth!

Kim Northrop said...

Beth! More Mural Photos!

Anonymous said...

Every woman has played the song countless times, ensuring that it backgrounds every moment in continuous loop..."I wish I had a river, I could skate away on. I wish I had a river so long, I would teach my feet to fly." Your river is beautiful, Beth, and I know you paddle, not skate, and judging by your art and your spirit you already know how to fly.

Anonymous said...

What Florida needs is more artists like Beth and fewer religious zealots, strip malls, and condo flippers.

So -- tell a few friends about her site, and have them tell a few more, and so on and so on and so on.
Jeri