Friday, May 28, 2010

Is that an egg in your pocket,or are you just happy to see me?

There's a new raven lurking in the lavender. How do I know? He's bigger and more cautious than my regulars,who swoop in to check a few times a day to see if I've put out uncooked chicken eggs.
The newbie, watching to see if the egg is really available, is stalking amidst the sweet-scented purple flowers, flying up to land on the creviced rock fountain, then back to the bushes.
Now he's on the rock, head swinging back and forth to see if he's alone. Ah ha! He's picked up the prize in his beak and taken off, his feathers gleaming blue and silver.

If you're in Santa Fe, you can see my Ravens of Truth and Memory in the Wildlife Invitational show at the Randall Davey Audubon Center until June 30th. My solo Listening To Raven exhibition opens there July 9.

No comments: